We’re focused on providing new ways for people to discover and connect with businesses through Messenger. One of these ways is through ads that take people directly into a Messenger conversation with businesses or brands that matter to them: click to Messenger ads.
Businesses find real value in driving to Messenger conversations and experiences. Messenger offers scalability, and lets businesses and developers build unique experiences on the Messenger Platform.
Not only does Messenger have powerful capabilities—people are responding.
- More than 1.2 billion people use Messenger every month.
- Nearly 20 million active Pages use messaging each month.
- As we announced at F8 this April, there are now over 100,000 monthly active bots on the Messenger Platform.
- Over 2 billion messages are sent between people and businesses every month, including both automated and people-initiated messages.
- Top brands like Sephora are seeing real results. After launching the Sephora Assistant in Messenger, they saw an 11% higher booking rate through Messenger when compared to other channels.
Starting today, we’re offering Instagram as a placement for click to Messenger ads to complement our existing Facebook click to Messenger ads. Instagram click to Messenger ads let you reach the people you care about on Instagram and engage with them on Messenger. This creates more flexibility for people to connect with you wherever they are, however they prefer.
Click to Messenger ads can be placed on both Facebook and Instagram to further extend their reach. Instagram click to Messenger ads are available via Ads Manager, Power Editor and the API—in image, video and carousel formats.
When someone clicks on an Instagram click to Messenger ad, it opens a conversation with your business. They’ll be sent your Messenger content, which includes all the text, image and video messages you set up during ad creation.
This new ad placement will start rolling out to businesses today and will be available to all businesses within the next few months. For more details on how to use click to Messenger ads, please explore our developer docs or visit the Help Center.